Wednesday, January 3, 2007

A New Year!

What better way to end 2006 and begin 2007 than playing a lot of boardgames over the Holidays! I had my 36th Birthday in December and played Alhambra, Ave Caesar, and two games of the new Marvel Super Heroes. After several more games, I think I'll provide some comments on this one in a future Blog since I love the theme.

Then we played several new games on Christmas including: Fairy Tale (even my 5 year old is able to get the basic concepts), Hey! That's My Fish!, Frank's Zoo, Pick Picknic, That's Life, Cranium - Family Fun, and Walk the Dogs.

We gathered with friends on the 26th and my whole family went over to the Madden's house. My 5 year old Matthew played Lego Star Wars on the PS2 while we got out the boardgames. I finally got to play Die Macher and managed to finish 3rd as I was unable to get Media Control in the last election. Quite a challenging and engaging game though! Heather, my 7 year old was excited to visit "the place I go on Tuesday nights" and she got to play several games of Queen's Necklace and also Walk the Dogs.

During the Holidays we played many new games with family that we gave as gifts including: Gulo Gulo, Rat-a-Tat Cat, Wits and Wagers, Bang!, and The Great Chili Cookoff.

It's a shame that I have to go back to work since this has been a wonderful time for everyone in the famliy to just relax, be social, and play games together. That's what I call a Happy New Year!

No comments: